Tuesday, April 10, 2018

That Neighbor Kid by Daniel Miyares


This is a sweet story about the tentative beginning of a childhood friendship.


The illustrations are all black and white at the beginning


A kid reading a book upside down! 

And a peeking neighbor....


The kids loved the peeking, hiding aspect of this book. 


Then we see the neighbor climb a tree, up a very intriguing makeshift ladder


And the shy, new girl brings up the dropped tools.


Oh the nerves!! For someone who grew up to be loud and obnoxious, I really was painfully shy as a kid. So I feel for this girl. All the "What if....s" going through the head at this very minute. 

Actually, I am still a tiny bit that shy girl. Because "What ifs" dance through my head the minute someone invites me to something outside the bounds of the normal school routine. I can talk to anyone and voice my opinion confidently, but social situations without clear rules and objectives....? Eeek. 


The meeting. 

Aren't these pictures nice? I love them.


Assistance and color


I love the visuals here--as the friendship develops, the world becomes more colorful.


Happiness!


Juice boxes are better together.


And goodnights are nicer when there is someone to wave to. 

Friends are the very best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment