Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Book of Seasons by Alice and Martin Provensen


This was one of the books of my childhood. My mom loved the Provensen's books, so even if it is a Provensen book I haven't read before, it still seems nostalgic. 

This is my sister's book, and I was merrily taking picture of it out in the wet snow when I realized she might not like her book all wrinkled and crinkled from snow. 

She is a nice person, but... she is a librarian. 


Winter!

Something so folk artsy about their illustrations. 


The first sign of spring! 


Maple Syrup!


This picture is the epitome of spring!


While this one is the epitome of summer. 

I LOVE THE WIND. 

I probably wouldn't like it if it blew all the time. But since it doesn't, I do enjoy a good gusty wind.


Summer


Fall


Firewood


And winter again!

Ice Hockey


And back to spring! 

I think everyone's life would be improved by a flowery arbor gate. I know mine would. 

Actually I would just stand under it and stare at it. Unless I decided to get a different angle on it and laid down to stare at it. 

Maybe I wouldn't get a lot done, but no need to be led captive to ambition. Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment