Monday, September 11, 2017

Now by Antoinette Portis


My sister brought this book from her library because she knew it would delight me. And it does! 


Have I talked to you about my sister's in-home library yet? It makes me the teensiest bit jealous. 


I am not sure what is going on with my camera's lighting, but this is such a gorgeous library. The piano, all that light, the dark bookcases, the window seat...! Window seats featured largely in my childhood daydreams of ideal dwellings. As did in-home libraries and grand pianos. 


This book is so incredibly sweet! 

(Also, can you believe that I was able to find red leaves already?! I did have to hunt a little, but they were pretty readily available. Where has this summer gone?!) 


It is all about the immediacy of childhood. 


How children tend to love what is right in front of them and not worry about what isn't near to them. True mindfulness. 


And the illustrations fit the words so well! Simple and sweet. 


I have to say, I never truly lost this childish characteristic. What I have right now is very often my favorite. I sort of have a terrible memory, so it makes it easier just to love whatever I have at the moment. 


The contentment in the here and now. 


Happy sigh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment