Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Flower Fairies of the Summer by Cicely Mary Barker


A little while ago I got a great deal on all the Flower Fairies books in a box set. Since I adore these books (flowers+fairies+vintage illustrations=joy) I jumped at it. Unfortunately I am not crazy about the covers. I am getting used to them, I no longer shudder when I see them. Haha! They aren't terrible. Actually, now that I am complaining about them so vocally, I am rather liking them. 

There is no debating Cicely Mary Barker though. Love!!


The song of the Forget-me-not Fairy


The foxglove fairy


Bird's foot trefoil

I love that these are all common wildflowers. At least in my corner of the world!


Nightshade is so exotic


Harebell is practically a teenager


While heather is a little scamp. 


Scabious has one of the ugliest names, but the cutest fairy.


Scarlet Pimpernel Fairy


Okay, Scabious has a little competition for ugliest name from ragwort. Cute little fairy dress though!


Rose fairyzz

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post. I sell vintage flower books, and love the work of Cicely Mary Barker and her flower fairy series! I have a few 1940s flower fairy books within my own collection and they are such sweet little books. www.owlandwallflower.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete