Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Storm Whale by Benji Davies

First, I would like to apologize for the pictures. I was in a hurry and they are not the best ones I ever took. AND my computer died, which I think I told you. I had to use my husband's computer, so I went to download Picasa, which is what I have used from time immemorial, or at least 2004 (that is a long time in the world of technology) AND GOOGLE HAS DISCONTINUED PICASA. How could they do that? Have they no decency? Sigh...
 
So I had to make do with Windows Photo Gallery and it isn't the same at all. I knew what I was doing in Picasa. It wasn't perfect, but it worked and it was familiar. Now I have to find a new photo program. Life is hard.
 
Suggestions are welcome.

 
This book is all blues and yellows. I love it! I have never heard of Benji Davies, but I might need to look at some of his other books. I really loved the pictures in here.

 
Magnificent. That is all there is to say about that.
 
This page also has a poem on it, which I didn't notice 'til later, so I will just tell you it.
 
The wonder of the world,
The beauty and the power,
The shapes of things,
Their colours, lights, and shades--
These I saw.
Look ye also while life lasts.
 
--Annonymous
 
I LOVE THAT POEM.

 
Noi lives by the sea with his father and their six cats. 
 
 
Every morning, his father heads out for fishing and Noi is alone for the day.

 
He is pretty lonely.

 
So when he discovers a whale one morning, he is sure he has found a friend to help him not feel lonely.

 
There are difficulties inherent in this friendship, but Noi persists.

 
 They chat.

 
I love this room!!

 
Noi plots how to keep his whale-in-the-bathtub a secret.

 
 Not surpisingly,en his father discovers the whale in the bathtub and explains about whales.  But Noi's father realizes Noi is lonesome. So he promises to spend more time with him. So they go for a picnic. And wave to Noi's friend.


 
So the whale heads home.
 
 
 But Noi's father realizes Noi is lonesome. He promises to spend more time with him.
 
So they go for a picnic. And wave to Noi's friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment