Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Cowboy Small by Lois Lenski




This is a sweet little book full of all the things we love about Lois Lenski. And 1950's depiction of cowboys. (Or 1949 to be exact.) 

Things are neat and tidy in this cowboy's world, with nice little nuggets of information for the kiddies back in Peoria. (Dad always refers to Peoria for some reason. Clearly it has rubbed off on me.)


Love this!


Isn't he perfectly darling?


He is nice to his horse, Cactus, like all cowboys should be.




He works hard.


Isn't this picture just the cutest?


Yee-haw!


Branding


Cowboy Small looks about six in this picture. But he can play his guitar and sing, so who cares?


Ol' Gramp


And that's all
about Cowboy Small!

1 comment:

  1. A rabbit trail led me to your site - love it! I have always loved to read and I have a daughter (now 28) who also loves to read and uses a parasol :) I collect childen's picture books & chapter books from early 1900s to current, and was pleased to see your "Cowboy Small" as I also have a copy! Love how you present each book with related props. I will definitely be back to read some more with you! P.S I am a paraeducator at an elementary school and work with K-4th in small readiing groups (virtually now) and love sharing my collection books with them. Read on...

    ReplyDelete