Monday, June 20, 2016

Jamberry by Bruce Degen


This is another book that was terribly important to my kids. I read this over and over to Orianna when she was only a few months old. I don't remember where this book came from, but, oh boy! We read it to bits. This copy is our second edition. And it is beat up too. 

It has rhymes, a happy little boy and bear, friendship, joyful delight, and berries
AND it was written by Bruce Degen for his boys who always pick berries with him. 

So, so great!





The pictures are awesomely imaginative. I love the butter water lilies and toast trees.


I think I could recite this entire book without looking at the book. Do you see the adorable little jam eating mice? 


Oh no! Gilbert loved this page.


This boy and bear are so thoroughly enjoying themselves. You can't help but be delighted with them!


One of my favorite illustrations.



I love this book! 



What a happy looking bear. But why shouldn't he be happy? He has a train car of blackberries all to himself.



This was a favorite of the kids. They loved the figure skating elephants.  


With good reason. Do you see that raspberry bedecked overall? Oh yes!


Gilbert was more of a fan of the booming and zooming.



Happy summer!
(And jam making!)

No comments:

Post a Comment